Monday, February 2, 2009

Love Nests



I think bird's nests are such amazing creations and lucky. I keep a nest (man made) with two opal colored marble eggs and and butterflies in the family section (Feng Shui) of my bedroom for good luck. So I was delighted to find Sharon Beals photographic exploration of all manner of nests. There are over 50 photographs in the series which are available as editioned prints. I think a pair of these photos would make a lovely Valentine's Day or wedding gift. I could see feathering my own nest with a couple too.

5 comments:

xoxoxo said...

Those are wonderful. I have feng shui'd my apt., too, but didn't know about nests for good luck. You might also like this digital edition from Smithsonian Libraries that is all about bird's nests.

jane said...

Supposedly it good to put symbols of what you want in your home. For example if you want to be in a relationship it is supposedly good to have images or figurines of couples such as two ducks or two elephants, etc. Couldn't hurt right? Love the link. What a beautiful collection of illustrations.

Joanna Goddard said...

these are absolutely gorgeous!

xoxoxo said...

I have a ceramic sculpture some relative picked up in Italy in the 20s or something. It's of Romeo and Juliet, and most would say it's pretty corny, but I've always liked it...

porter hovey said...

Wow!! These are just too beautiful!!