Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Beauty at the Beach






When installation art is bad, it's very, very bad, but when it succeeds it is gorgeous. I could look at these photos of McKendree Key's La Roca Grossa all day long. It's wonderful how she was able to realize the vision of her sketch and create something that has such a wild beauty to it.

I'm doubly impressed because while in art school I tried to create an installation piece in the waters off the pier in Red Hook and failed miserably. It was supposed to be a drawing with wood on water and ended up a sinking tangle. I laugh thinking about it.

For more about McKendree Key.

3 comments:

xoxoxo said...

If I had been handed the sketch i probably would have been, "meh," but when i see the photos of what the piece became - wow, very, very cool. It definitely makes me want to check out more of this artist's work.

jane said...

I know, I love that she managed to realize what looked like a rather improbable idea.

Brown Button Trading said...

This is the best, love it x