Saturday, August 14, 2010

Recession Fun # 10: Pick Your Own


































































We missed out on berry season and while I keep meaning to get to "Pick Your Own  Peaches", I'm not sure what I would do with a big basket of them. I don't have a peach pie recipe and really prefer apple pie to be honest. So from the "Pick Your Own" options available at the moment we selected flowers and picked our own bouquet.

We've enjoyed it so much, we've done it twice already. It's great fun picking out the very best zinnias but hard not to go overboard. Sadly flowers don't sell by the pound but the stem. Still we've managed to have a lot of fun and stay in budget. Maybe best of all, was my daughter insisting I smell each color after she did. She'd grab a flower, name the color, stick her nose in and then make me do the same. In truth zinnias don't have much scent at all but that didn't stop us from smelling the colors. "Hmm, purple!"

No comments: