Sunday, August 15, 2010

Adjustable Savings Plan



I'm not sure if it is the part of me that likes a little dark humor or the part that likes compartmentalized forms of organization that finds these piggy banks so appealing. Certainly it takes a certain sense of humor to think of one's 401k fitting neatly into a piggy bank. Maybe that is too close to reality these days to really be funny.

So instead let's just say, I like that you can designate what you are saving your pennies for on these "Chalk-it-to-me Piggy Banks" from Ladies and Gentlemen and easily transfer funds if you change your mind. I also like the cork mouth, but wonder if it doesn't make a little too easy to access your savings when you need subway or laundry money. I could see having a little herd of them: College Fund, Retirement, In Case of Emergency, Home Repairs, Trip to France, Remember to Have Fun and so on.

No comments: