Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Armchair Travel: By the Sea, By The Sea




By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!
You and me, you and me, oh how happy we'll be!
When each wave comes a-rolling in
We will duck or swim,
And we'll float and fool around the water.
Over and under, and then up for air,
Pa is rich, Ma is rich, so now what do we care?
I love to be beside your side, beside the sea,
Beside the seaside, by the beautiful sea!

BY THE BEAUTIFUL SEA
From the musical "For Me and My Gal"
(Harold Atteridge / Harry Carroll) (1914)

Full Lyrics here.

There is a chill in the air today and my to do list is full of less than fun things. While I'm trying to push through, I'm going to keep an image of these amazing British beach huts in mind. By the sea, By the sea, at least in spirit today.

You can read more about the history of the British Beach Hut here and here.

Photos via guardian.co.uk and Channel 4.

No comments: