Monday, March 2, 2009

Drawing Inspiration




I just finished prepping some drawing surfaces and would like to believe that I will start drawing any second now - to be realistic any day now. While it's not a matter of motivation, but rather finding the time, it's still nice to have some inspiration to draw on. So I was pleased to come across Drawing and Notes, a blog about "drawing, scribbles, notes and an occasional painting or photograph." The blog showcases artist's drawings and provides links to artist portfolios and information. I could click away all day but I have drawings to get to.

Drawings above:
Gerda Scheepers, Measures of a shy, 2005
Katie Holten, Dead Tree (left hand/right hand) 2008

2 comments:

xoxoxo said...

what a great site. I am very inspired that you are getting ready to draw, would love to see what you come up wiith. I bought some paper and cool pens a few months ago, but that's as far as I've gotten...

jane said...

I know I love it! Almost like going on a gallery walk. I like that it focuses mostly on drawing. I send you some images of the drawings when they really get going. Break out that paper and those pens!