Monday, June 24, 2013

First Day of Summer

Friday was the first day of summer. Being a hectic work day, it could have gone by unappreciated. Luckily, a few things happened which reminded me to enjoy the day even while I was rushing.

First, I looked out the back window and saw five baby deer. There is always a day when the weather really warms up that we first see the babies come out of the woods. It was not the first baby deer we saw this summer but these are our deer so it's special. The fact that there were five together and they were playing made me think of a nursery school. The mommas were nearby supervising the outing. Made my morning.

Second my little one turned to me and randomly told me she loved me. Nothing gives me the energy to go on through the craziness more than she does.

Third, I saw our fox as I was closing up shop for the evening. For some reason seeing her (a baby fox spotting confirmed our fox is female) always makes me happy.



No comments: