Monday, April 8, 2013

Potted Pansies and an Almost Lazy Weekend


This weekend we took the first steps getting our garden started. We planted a few pansies in pots by the front door and started two trays of sunflowers. I also stuck a sweet potato, that was starting to spout, out in the pot that housed the morning glory last summer. Laughable, when I think of all that needs to be done.

There were dried morning glory vines on the trellis, so I was able to give a small nature lesson to the little one. She really enjoyed popping open the seed pods and watching the black seeds pop out. The pods were really pretty and I wanted to take a picture of them, but I couldn't stop her once she got started cracking them open. 

I don't know what we will do with all these morning glory seeds. I'm sure it has already reseeded itself in the pot so that's one more thing taken care of in the garden. Reading this, I feel like I could write the Lazy Gardener's Guide.

It would have been a perfect lazy weekend if it weren't for running a bunch of errands, grocery shopping and laundry. 

Photo from Clemmensen & Brok blog. Check out their recipe for pistachio cakes with pansie toppers here

No comments: