Friday, March 9, 2012

Our First Crocus and the Call of the Garden






Our first little bulb popped out two days ago, a tiny white crocus looking very delicate amongst the remaining leaves that managed to escape fall clean up. It has yet to fully open and maybe regretting it's decisions the weather is cold again today.

Yesterday was so warm and sunny it could have been May. It got the planting bug going in me. Last year we got started too late and struggled to catch up all Summer. I'm not going to make that mistake again. Yesterday I bought seed packets and this weekend I'm going to get out and clear the beds and get some tiny fences up to protect the tulips. No deer candy this year.

Above are some images from Country Living that are serving as inspiration to get my hands dirty this weekend. You can see more images of this Connecticut garden here.

No comments: