Monday, January 24, 2011

Make Believe




I re-watched "Finding Neverland" last weekend and really enjoyed it despite knowing the ending. Make believe has been a bit of a theme lately, with my daughter suggesting we switch roles. "I'll be the mommy and you be me." It was a sweet little game and enlightening too.

She was a kind mommy and found it very amusing when I mimicked her. "But I want to watch my shows, but I want to watch my shows..." repeat until you get your way. I hope she thinks I'm a kind mommy. We had a great time being each other before returning to our real roles for bedtime.


4 comments:

Belle said...

Switching roles is a good way for her to learn about being a mom!

jane said...

That's a great insight into her behavior. And I thought she was just enjoying being the bossy one. Although really she is more bossy as herself!

IDREWTHIS said...

Just found your blog through Jane Kennedy and was instantly transported to a lovely land, looks like you are surrounded with beautiful nature, lovely :)

jane said...

Thanks Miss Pixie! We are lucky to have some nice woods behind us even if we are in what is technically a suburb!