Friday, January 16, 2009

Wise Words for a Cold Friday



Be happy. It's one way of being wise.

Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

I'm taking that thought with me into the weekend. Here's a list of a few of the things that made me happy/wise this week:
  • My friend Alice gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Congratulations Alice and Scott and a big welcome to Rowan!
  • My friend Carmen found me on Facebook. Hurray for reunions! And friends too.
  • I found the energy to finish painting the kitchen and I even love the color.
  • The amaryllis bloomed.
  • Next week the country can finally move on.
  • I found time to blog, read a little and even paint my toenails pink.
  • My daughter Brigid, who amazes me every day and reminds me life is truly sweet.
Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

xoxoxo said...

A very good sentiment for the weekend and the rest of the tear, too.

There is some iPhone app where you can keep a log of the good things in your day - I may have to get that. Much better than how we (I) tend to focus on what's not working, or the uncertain future...

jane said...

Wow, there's an app for everything now! I like the idea of a Gratitude App. You're so right that it seems much more natural to focus on the negative. Maybe it's some left over survivalist tendency. The stone Age probably didn't favor the happy go lucky caveman.