Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Recession Fun #3: Jumping in Leaf Piles


Well the economy continues to tank and I have joined the ranks of the unemployed, so it seems appropriate to start back with another entry in my Recession Fun (Things That Cost Little or No Money to Do) Series. This past week the trees suddenly lost all their leaves in a matter of two days. As I face racking and bagging them all up, two things come to mind, how much fun it was jumping in leaf piles as a kid and how great it would be to have a leaf blower. Last time I did the yard myself I ended up with forty bags of leaves (thanks in part to three very large trees but also because of neighbors with very large leaf blowers). Lucky for me racking leaves is free too.

This leaf pile was made by Don Davis. Quiet impressive.

No comments: