Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Perfect Pumpkin



There's something so satisfying about picking out the perfect pumpkin. Maybe it's because it is a "perfect" that is attainable. My perfect pumpkin is not your perfect pumpkin. It's all about finding the pumpkin that because of color, size, shape or some inexplicable something is just right for you. I was at Alstede Farms in Chester, New Jersey last weekend dealing with a dead car battery when we should have been taking on the corn maze and a family walked by with a big ungainly green pumpkin in tow. My immediate reaction was a big "What are they thinking? That is the ugliest pumpkin!". But there it was being carefully carted away on their wagon certainly perfect in their eyes. I'm going to post photos of the pumpkin I grew in my garden this summer half by mistake. My pumpkin plant produced only one pumpkin which is fine because it's mine and just perfect I might add.

No comments: