Thursday, October 9, 2008

Recession Fun #2: Photo Booth Self Portraits





On my recent trip to Steamboat Springs, Colorado I ran into the Lyon Corner Drug & Soda, an old-style pharmacy with an actual soda fountain and shakes, to buy batteries for my digital camera. I didn't have time to indulge in a shake but I spied an old-time B&W photo booth and vowed I'd be back with my friend Susie in tow to get our pictures taken. I was massively disappointed when I went back and found an "Out of Order" sign posted.

It's getting harder and harder to find B&W photo booths. Sadly they are being over taken by lame digital versions that spit out cheap digital prints that look like something you printed from your home computer. So if your lucky enough to stumble upon a true blue B&W photo booth don't hesitate to spring for the $1.50 to $3.00 it costs. You'll have a little piece of history and a worthy souvenir. The hardest part is deciding who gets which shot. There you have it, another idea for having fun with little or no money - Photo booth self- portraits!

The wonderful B&W photo booth images above are from Square America.

No comments: