Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Fun

I've been thinking about Summer and fun and how during this season it shows up in unexpected and often small ways. Appropriately enough, my daughter brought me home a bracelet that spelled out SUMMER FUN from camp yesterday. I was thrilled. I brought her home a Incredible Me cup caked. She was thrilled. That was summer fun in two small packages.

We don't have anything big planned this summer. A new job means no real vacation days, so I been feeling a lot of pressure to squeeze fun out of the little bit of free time we have.

Pressure and fun are never a good combination, so I'm trying to lighten up. I'm also thinking ahead to winter and an idea is brewing. I'm going to see if we can swing a winter vacation in a warm spot (aka Florida). I've amazingly never been and it is the home of a number of well known princesses. I don't want to jinx it by saying more but I'm hoping we get an extra week of summer this winter.




No comments: