Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reading Room #1


Today would be a perfect day to curl up with a warm blanket and a good book. When I first saw this room tucked under the eveaves and lined with books, I fell in love. It also reminded me that I've been thinking about creating a regular little feature here called "Reading Room" that would match great rooms with great (or just favorite) books.

Hmm, what would be the perfect book to read in this cozy loft? For some reason I'm picturing a children's adventure book like The Pheonix and the Carpet by E.B. Nesbit or the memoir of an adventurous soul, maybe Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen. Maybe because the peaked roof and the bed on the floor remind me of a childrens play teepee or a fancy safari tent. What book would you pull from the shelves?

Photo from the Penfield's Fall look book. 

No comments: