Friday, December 30, 2011

Ice Skating is for Kids




The first thought I had when I pulled myself and my four year old onto the ice at our local rink was "I'm too old for this.", then "What was I thinking", then "One of us is going to get hurt!"

Well we survived and made it around the rink two and a half times before the free skate was over. Doesn't sound like much, but it's quite an accomplishment when your clinging to the boards and pulling a little one up off the ice every few seconds.

Miracle one was that I didn't pull her arm out of its socket, miracle two, I didn't break a hip and miracle three, she wants to do it again. I have to say I was really proud of her tenacity. Before we went in she said "to skate you push, push, glide" when we left her new skating motto was" when you fall down, you just get back up".

No comments: